What considerations go into selecting the following, and what systems exist to classify these things?
- Greases (& lubricating oils, etc.)
- Filler rods (welding/brazing/soldering)
Sub-question: How did these systems come to be? How are they administered and updated? How and why have they evolved?
What considerations would one need to take into account in setting up a small-scale fabrication shop, especially in a less-developed area? What would be the ideal scenario?
Taking into considerations such as:
- Ergonomic (lighting, sound)
- Air quality and treatment
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- What PPE are necessary for what kinds of work? (specifically respirators)
- Architectural & interior (e.g. paint, windows)
- Electrical (1-phase vs. 3-phase, 220v vs. 110v)
How about I research these things over the course of the next year, in part by interviewing people and reading in the following disciplines:
- mechanical engineering
- production/operations management
- industrial hygiene
Then I make a concise manual that tries to condense this academic/engineering knowledge into practical terms. Sort of a Machinery’s Handbook for folks who find the actual Machinery’s Handbook rather dry and over-involved.
Then I make this manual available for free over the Web, in a form that allows it to be improved upon by others.